Financial Aid Checklist
Applying for financial aid doesn’t need to be complicated. Simply follow the steps in the Financial Aid Checklist below. If you run into any obstacles or have questions along the way, emailFinancial Aidor call(800) 544-7223, ext. 6162. We’d be happy to help!
#1 Search for Grants & Scholarshps
All student should search for outside grants and scholarships. Be sure to check with your local community foundation for local scholarships for which you may qualify. Locate your community foundation by going to www.cof.org/locator. Complete the Outside Funding Worksheet in the full Financial Aid Checklist below, if you receive outside financial aid.
#2 Request a Federal Student Aid ID
First-time students only. If you do not already have one, request an FSA ID at fsaid.ed.gov for yourself and your parents to sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
#3 File the FAFSA
• File the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
• Grace College’s Federal School Code is 001800.
• The deadline for Indiana state grant consideration is April 15. If you miss the April 15 deadline, you may still file for federal and need-based Grace aid consideration.
#4 Review your Award Notification
• Decline or reduce any unwanted financial aid using the instructions on the back of your award notification. Stafford loans for continuing students will be processed if not declined.
• Review your housing and enrollment status on your award notification. If these are incorrect, indicate the correct status using the instructions on the back of your award notification. Enrollment and/or housing status changes may affect financial aid eligibility
#5 Parent PLUS Loans
Parents may apply for the Parent PLUS Loan if the student needs additional funds for college. For instructions on how to apply, see the Stafford Loans and Parent PLUS Loan Instructions.
#6 Stafford Loans
To receive Stafford Loans, all students should complete and submit:
• Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling
• Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note See the Stafford Loans and Parent PLUS Loan Instructions in the full Financial Aid Checklist below.